- Only Professional body of Master Mariners in India
- Registered under section 25 of the Company’s Act 1956
- Formed in 1957 by few Master Mariners
- 12 branches all over India as of today & counting, with Head Office in Mumbai
- Total 2617 members all over India
- To provide a central body representative of Senior Officers for the purpose of developing and promoting traditions
and efficiency of Merchant Navy.
- To encourage and maintain high and honourable standard of ability and professional conduct in the officers.
- To promote and maintain efficient and friendly co-operation between the Merchant Navy and Indian Navy.
- To collect, circulate, publish and distribute statistics & other information relating to Merchant Navy or to Nautical
- To constitute a body of experienced seaman who will able to act as members of, or to give any evidence before
any Government of India Commissions, Courts of enquiry, Committees, Boards of any description etc.
- To provide facilities for discussion and study of matters concerning or affecting the Merchant Navy or sea craft,
navigation or nautical science.
- To Provide a central consultative body to advise on all matters connected with safety and preservation of ships,
passengers, seaman and cargo.
- To print, publish and distribute periodicals, books etc.
- To Promote & foster continual professional development by organising lecture meetings & Seminars on topical
issues for the Maritime Industry.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF CMMI
- Publish Command Journal every 4 months
- Assist DGS in operating Facilitation Centre at Mumbai, Chennai, Kochi & Kolkata (Issuing of DCE & WKC for
- Assist DGS with External examiners for Mates & Master’s oral exam
- Assist DGS in various advisory committee
- Participate in committee at IMO
- Organise family gathering once a year
- Organise Monthly lecture meeting
- Organise Seminar at least twice a year
- Advise BES on various matter (Exit exam for rating & IV exam)
- Prepare & distribute TAR book for 3 years B.Sc. Nautical Cadets
- Prepare & Distribute ORB part II for Indian Flag vessels
WHAT IS THERE FOR ME?
- Receive Command Journal free
- Get nominated in various committee
- Chance to increase horizon in Maritime spectrum
- Free to attend monthly lecture meeting
- Free to attend seminar (Twice a year)
- Subsidised rate for entry in social gathering
- Feel proud to be part of professional body
We need to create a vibrant body of professionals who will then have a say in the development of Competence & skills in the Nautical side. We should become the backbone on which Government should rely for professional inputs.
Let us start membership drive & bring more professionals in our fold & Open more chapters around the world.