GUIDELINES TO CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR DANGEROUS CARGO ENDORSEMENT (DCE)
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE:-
Indian citizens holding valid Passport, Indian CDC and INDOS number and those who have undergone presea training and completed the basic STCW courses.
- Candidates belonging to Deck department (Ratings – Level 1) can approach CMMI Kochi Chapter Office for submitting their applications for dangerous cargo endorsement from Mondays to Wednesday from 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs..
- You can download the DCE Application form and DCE Checklist from below link.
- No Phone calls need be made to CMMI Kochi FC to check status or other inquiries (status will be updated in the website); Phone calls will not be encouraged.
- All Candidates must appear in person for submitting the application as well as for collecting the Certificates.
- Fees applicable should be paid at the office at the time of submission of application as cash. Fees once paid cannot be reimbursed, if the application is rejected due to eligibility criteria not being met.
- All relevant original documents are to be produced while submitting the applications for verification purpose and while collecting the certificates for proof of identification..
- The copies of the certificates as listed below has to be attached in the same order as denoted in the checklist.
- Candidate should ensure that form is correctly filled up and all required documents are attached otherwise candidate will be declared ineligible for endorsement.
Application should be accompanied by photocopies of following certificates; all pages should be self-attested
a) C. D. C. (all stamped pages)
b) Updated Seafarer Registration print out from e-governance website of DG Shipping.
c) Medical Certificate by approved DGS Doctor taken within the last 6 months
d) Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting ( For Ratings) done within the last 5 years and/or additionaly with copy of refresher course certificate if applicable.
e) Oil / Chemical / Gas Tanker Familiarization Course done within the last 5 years and/or additionaly with copy of refresher course certificate if applicable. All candidates who provide documentary evidence of having undergone FPFF training additional module basis Circular No: STCW 2010 Training Circular No. 26 of 2012 will be issued with a certificate with 5 years validity (if this course has not been done the validity of DCE will be until 31-Dec-2016).
If you have carried out FPFF training additional module you should be in possesion of certificate – “CARRY OUT FIRE-FIGHTING OPERATIONS” IN BASIC TRAINING FOR OIL, CHEMICAL & LIQUEFIED GAS TANKER CARGO OPERATIONS”
| f) In case of renewal of dangerous cargo endorsement, following documents are also required in addition to the above .|
g) Passport size Photograph – 3 copies
h) INDOS Receipt or Certificate.
i) Passport (all stamped pages)
Application for Certificate ( Endorsement ) for service on Tankers for each Type of Tanker is to be applied separately
|Applicant have to produce all the above mentioned certificates in original with valid medical certificate at the time of submission of the application as well as collection of the DCE.|
Record of Sea-service
i) Record of Sea-service Required is to be filled starting from latest
ii) For foreign flag Vessels the sea service has to be duly verified by the local representative (in India) of the Owner/ Manager on letter head ( FOSMA / MASSA Member ) stating cargo carried.
iii) For Indian flag vessels company letter is required stating cargo carried.
Candidate should ensure that form is correctly filled up and all required documents are attached otherwise candidate will be declared ineligible for endorsement.
3 Recent passport size photograph to be submitted along with the application, photo should be taken on a light background. The application will not be accepted if the photograph is not clear or not the correct dimensions.
Any Person who makes any false representation or knowingly gives any false information is liable for punishment for cheating under section 182 and 420 of the Indian Penal Code.
For payment of Fees due to MMD, Challan form to be collected from the CMMI-FC office, and submit it after duly filling it along with application form and requisite amount in cash.
Candidates are reminded that Fees once paid cannot be refunded in any circumstances.
ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATE
After Verification, CMMI Kochi Chapter will issue the DCE Certificate on the following Thursdays or Fridays as applicable From 1600 Hrs To 1700 Hrs. In case you are not able to collect the certificate the same week; you can approach us on any of the following weeks (on Thursday or Friday) within one month’s time of issue of certificate. No Phone calls need be made to CMMI Kochi FC to check status or other inquiries (status will be updated in the website); Phone calls will not be encouraged.
ACCESS TO THE OFFICE:-
The Office is located in the same building (1st Floor) as the Corporation Bank. The nearest Bus Stop is Cochin Shipyard
COMPANY OF MASTER MARINERS OF INDIA (CMMI) – KOCHI CHAPTER
60/8 B Mercy Batiment, 1st Floor, Panampilly Nagar,
(Above Corporation Bank) Kochi – 682036, Kerala – India.
Phone: 91-484-4061029; E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.cmmikochi.com